Before installing Business Manager, you should check that your hosting environment is running at least:
- WordPress version 4.4 or greater
- PHP version 5.3 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- A WordPress memory limit of 128 MB or greater
If you have an existing website with WordPress installed, then using the WordPress Admin to install Business Manager is the easiest option.
To begin installing Business Manager:
- Log into your WordPress site
- Go to: Plugins > Add New
- Search for Business Manager
- Hit the ‘Install Now’ button when you find Business Manager
- The plugin will begin downloading & once complete, will show the ‘Activate Now’ button
- Click ‘Activate Now’ and you are done installing
Now that Business Manager is installed and activated, you should see the new Business Manager menu in the left sidebar of your admin dashboard. Click on this and you will be taken to the Dashboard, where there will be not much happening as we haven’t added any data yet.
Before we start adding data however, you should visit the Business Manager > Settings page to adjust the settings to suit your business.